References for Backyard Birders
Thought that the October, 2006 photo above (mass grackles) might be a fun way to start subject matter that some might consider slightly on the dry side - backyard birding references. (Please keep in mind that a new readership is coming on board with the Kindle wireless reading device, and they may not have seen these references before.)
In any event, what follows is a pretty decent collection of info for the backyard birder and the occasional day tripper, and well worth bookmarking IMHO...
- Feeding meal worms to birds - how to care for and store meal worms
- Varying/Mixing the Feed
- You've Got the Bird, We've Got the Feed, (part 1 of 2)
- You've Got the Bird, We've Got the Feed, (part 2 of 2... aka The Mixed-Seed Saga!)
- Buy in Bulk and Save at eBirdseed.com
Feeders (hanging, mounting, cleaning, etc.):
- Bird flu and backyard bird feeding of wild birds
- Staying Alive
- Bird Flu, Staph Infections, Lyme Disease, the Common Cold, and You
Birdhouses and wildlife interaction:
- Alien Visitors! (And How to Interact)
- Letâ€™s Build a Birdhouse! (Post 1 of 2)
- Let's Build a Birdhouse! (Post 2 of 2)
- Create a wildlife habitat
Technical (computers, cameras, Web, blogs, energy savings, etc.):
- Changing the Way That You Look at the eBirdseed.com Blog!
- Using the eBirdseed.com Web Site
- Looking for Your Comments
- Gerry's Questions About Bird Photography, Digital Cameras, and the NovaBird, etc. (Part 1 of 2)
- Gerry's Questions About Bird Photography, Digital Cameras, and the NovaBird, etc. (Part 2 of 2)
- NovaBird Remote Camera Review
- Building a Post
- How to Afford Birdseed and Stay Warm Too, (Part 1)
- How to Afford Birdseed, (Part 2) and a Question...
- eBirdseed.com Meets Amazon's Kindle (ReadMeFirst for Kindle Users)
General bird resources:
- Joanne Asks, "Where Do Birds Go in the Winter?"
- Looking Back, and Resources for the Backyard Birder (Excellent)
See you by the well-informed feeders,